Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Milestones Cont…..

Evidently technology and I are not yet seeing entirely eye to eye… ;o)

Milestones 3My last blog was kinda chopped in half when I tried to save and ended up sending it… oops! Anyway… what I was saying is that God has begun to set in place the possibilities for individual and small group discipleship. I receive literally weekly testimonies from the others on the team, Itani and Obakeng of students entering discipleship relationships and giving their lives to Christ! Two students in our Stagedoor group have also given their lives to Christ and I have entered into a discipleship relationship with the HC Culture there, so she can in turn disciple these young Christians.

On Sunday I was invited to do a short motivational speech for the first years at Mannheim Ladies Res on CUT Campus and following on that meeting a young woman approached me for spiritual support. We meet this afternoon to begin a discipleship relationship! She also has a heart for young women, like I do, and I am excited about what God is going to do with and through her life!

There are more relationships growing out of my connection with the HC’s of CUT’s Residences, but there is one thing that characterises all of them: They are each different and unique to the person or group I am in relationship with. Yahweh is a God of patterns and order and He never changes, but His mercies are also new every morning! He is a God of diversity and variety! A God of relationship who created the beauty of individuality! How Great is He!!

So… back to the concept of milestones…

milestone 2 I believe that each unique, individual discipleship relationship that God is entrusting to me, will be a training ground for the next couple of decades of such relationships that I am going to be steward of. One day I will look back and draw from what I learned from the young women I mentored and led to a fulfilling relationship with Christ, their Bridegroom, King and Lord!

He is just soooo amazing, there are no words to describe what He is and what He is doing. Even as I write these testimonies, I realise how inadequate my relatively extensive vocabulary actually is in describing His wonder and glory.

Here’s to the journey each of us in on with God, and to the milestones set up all along the way as testimonies…

Shalom! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment