Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Clean Up Your Act….

Being a campus minister definitely has it’s perks… ;o)

I really love being part of the student’s lives and their everyday activities. This is the part that takes time, effort and sometimes a little cash, but repays dividends beyond estimable value!

                        IMG00346-20110211-1713

Huistech, a residence on CUT Campus, organised a carwash as a fundraiser and I pitched up to offer my support (and, I must admit, to avoid having to wash my car myself!) Let me tell you, the old adage, “many hands make light work” holds true in cases like this! In next to no time I had a squeaky clean car! Oh… just in case y’all thought that car in the picture is mine… not so fast! This is mine:

 IMG00343-20110211-1657IMG00349-20110211-1729

Cleaned up! Inside and out!

I also have the privilege of being the voice coach and musical arranger for the Stagedoor production (a first-year concert) of Madelief, a residence on the UFS Campus. I hope to have some photographs of that soon…

The best part of all this is forging relationships with young women; young women who will one day be the people who raise children, run families, teach at schools, sit on boards and committees that influence the course of the history of our country. These are the lives we need to speak into, to guide and support and empower with wisdom as well as knowledge. The best way to transport gold bars across a river is using a strong bridge. The strong bridge in this case is relationship. I mean, I wouldn’t listen to some random dude who walked up to me and told me how to run my life, do my job, whatever…. but in a relationship, a friendship, there is trust and openness and fertile ground for influence.

This is how Jesus transferred the gold bars of truth to His disciples, and this is how those gold bars were transferred to me, and this is how I intend to transfer these precious gold bars to the next generation of leaders so that they can pass them on to their successors!

And, of course, there are the perks: building friendships with beautiful young women whose desire for truth and wisdom makes me so excited for the future of our country! And even learning from them and their circumstances… ;o)

I truly have the best job in the world!

IMG00347-20110211-1715

No comments:

Post a Comment