Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I No Longer Live, But Christ Lives In Me!

On Sunday 15th of May I had the amazing honour to baptize one of my disciples. It was the first time I have baptized anyone, and it was nothing I expected because I had no expectations. I remembered my own baptism and it was just so special to be a part of the life journey of a disciple from death to life, from self to Christ, from confusion to clarity, from orphan to heir!!

There were four people baptized in really cold water! What a refreshing way to proclaim your entry into new life….! So we are witnesses to the decision these disciples made to follow Christ, laying down their lives to His Lordship, dying to themselves and their own plans for their lives. Identifying themselves with His suffering and death, and wonder above all wonders, His resurrection and Life!! Jesus!!

Alzabeth Delport is now a new creation in Christ! You know what is great about being a child of God? We have NO PAST!!! We are present with God, stretching ourselves out to the future God has planned for us! The treasures He has hidden for us (not from us), like Easter eggs in the gardens of our childhood, lie waiting for us to discover them…

Ready…… Steady……. DIE!!!

On your marks………. Get Set………….. LIVE!!!!

Baptism 20 Baptism 1 Baptism 2 Baptism 4Baptism 3  Baptism 5   Baptism 8      Baptism 16  Baptism 10

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baptism 18

No comments:

Post a Comment