Wednesday, September 2, 2015

I Am A Writer

Yes. I am.

I am also a singer. And a songwriter. A teacher. A dog trainer. A stand-up comedian (though some of my friends call me the Queen of Corny Jokes). A farmer. A breeder. A quilter. A composer. A runner. A horse-lover. A musician. An artist.

There is no end to the list of the things I am. I could go on and on. But which one of them defines me? Am I these things because of what I am doing, or have done, or will do?

No. I am these things because that is how I was created. That is who my Father made me to be. And He will use what He will of me when He wills. He defines me.

The cool thing is: I enjoy being used! By Him. Every part of me in that list at the top of the page, is a reflection of Him. When I do what I enjoy, I am simply enjoying Him! And as I enjoy Him, I glorify Him! And as I glorify Him, He uses my life to show others Who He is.

So, I am a writer. Because I enjoy writing and when I write I glorify my Father in Heaven of Whom I am a reflection. So simple. So profound. I find my heart enlightened and I vow that never again will I complain of not being able to achieve my dreams. I am a writer and I am writing. I am doing what I love to do.

The truth is, I love so many things. I love life. I love Him, because He is in all things. And He is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment